Privacy and Terms
Effective date: January 1, 2021
Introduction and Summary
We want to make it easy for you to understand what information we collect from you, what we do with it, and how you can request access to this information.
We believe this is a best practice to maintain transparency and trust with our website visitors and clients, and it just so happens that this complies with the laws of many countries around the world, too. If you have questions about this policy, you can contact us at [email protected]
What Personal Information We Collect and When
We collect information so that we can make our products and services better tailored to the people who visit our site and do business with us. We collect this information to (i) deliver products and services you have purchased from us, (ii) to notify you about our product or service offerings that you may be interested in, so long as you have given us consent to do so.
We collect information from you directly and indirectly through third-party services, as follows:
When you contact us...
- With questions or comments in the contact form.
- When you comment on a post directly on the website.
- To request more information, schedule a telephone call, or sign up for the newsletter.
- To place an order for products or services.
- To receive your product or services.
When we contact you...
- To provide the goods and services you requested.
- To request occasional feedback.
- To provide news, updates, and offers through the newsletter, usually by email, with a double opt-in consent.
When we contact others...
- We may see certain personal information from third-party apps and services that allow us to complete your order.
- We may see certain personal information from third-party installations that allow us to re-market our services and products to you on other websites.
- We may see certain personal information from third-party apps and services that allow us to monitor website traffic, email conversion, and other analytics data.
- We may see your personal information when we work with third-party processors, like our email provider and web host. For EU residents, please note that this means we may transmit your data across international borders.
Your Privacy Controls
We use third-party services on our websites to assist in communicating or interacting with the public, including social media services, widgets, apps, pixels, and plugins, as further identified below. These services may distinguish or trace your identity, through, for example, persistent, multi-session cookies.
You can configure your system to delete cookies or disable them. In general, we do not collect or disseminate information collected by these services. When interacting with these third parties, their privacy policies apply. As of the time of this writing, we use:
- Google Analytics: Specifically, Google Analytics collects data about visitors to the Site via Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers, in addition to other data which may be collected through a standard Google Analytics implementation. We do not merge personally identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google advertising product or feature. Should you wish to opt-out of any Google Analytics Advertising Features, you are encouraged to change your Ad Settings and Ad Setting for mobile apps, through the NAI’s consumer opt-out, or by using any of the other opt-out options currently available: currently available opt-outs.
- Acuity Scheduling. More information is available here.
- PayPal. More information is available here.
- Kajabi. More information is available here.
- SquareUp. More information is available here.
- Stripe. More information is available here.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer to collect information about the pages you view and your activities on the site. They enable the site to recognize you by, for example, remembering your user name, offering a shopping cart, or keeping track of your preferences if you visit the site again. The cookie transmits this information back to the website's computer (or server) which generally is the only computer that can read it. You can set your Web browser to warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer or to limit the type of cookies you allow. See also more information on how to change cookies settings in popular desktop browsers.
- This site uses single and multi-session cookies to enhance the visitor experience. Use the link above to opt-out.
- This site does not sell or share its email list for use by third parties.
If you choose to opt-out of some or all of our data collection, you may not be able to access all features of this website or our services.
Keeping Your Information Secure
We store personal information with third parties that use industry-standard practices for data security.
Your Rights to Your Information
You own your personal information and have rights to it. For example, you have the rights to:
- Withdraw your consent for us to market our products and services to you and otherwise use the personal information you have provided to us. Withdrawing consent is easy. Simply click “unsubscribe” in the footer of our emails, or send an email to [email protected]
- Be forgotten (that is, have your data deleted and/or ask us to stop using your information for any purpose);
- Correct inaccurate information we have about you (and that means we will notify other service providers we use, and who hold your personal information for us, of those changes as well);
- Object to direct marketing and profiling (for example, we will remove you from our email list and from any list we have uploaded for the purposes of creating custom or retargeted audiences). We also encourage you to disable data collection services on your browser;
- Make complaints about the use of your data to regulatory authorities.
We will comply with these requests within 30 days.
We make commercially reasonable efforts to work with data controllers (like our email provider) who guarantee compliance with privacy laws like the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation.
We store your personal information only for as long as it is needed to use it for the reasons you have consented to.
Occasionally we will revise this policy and will use your contact information to notify you of these changes if they reduce your privacy rights in any way.
This is a binding legal contract. Please read it in full.
Welcome to Vicki-Garcia.com. This website is made available to you on the following conditions, and you consent to these terms by continuing to use the site. Please read them carefully, and if you disagree with any, navigate away from the site.
Sometimes, you will be subject to additional terms and conditions, such as when you purchase something or disclaimers which may appear on the site.
You consent to receive communications from us electronically and agree that any notices or disclosures we are required to provide to you now or in the future may be provided to you in electronic form.
The content you see here, including text, images, custom software, compilations of resources, and audio and video content, or made available by the site elsewhere, is the sole and exclusive property of Vicki Garcia. It is protected by the United States and international copyright laws. We take our intellectual property rights seriously and search for infringing uses of our copyrighted material, such as copying, passing off as your own, or other infringing uses, whether personal or commercial. If you desire to use the information on this website other than by viewing it for your personal use, we offer licenses, starting at $5,000 each, to do so. If you are found using information other than as explicitly allowed by this agreement, we will notify you and bill you accordingly.
Logos, slogans and catchphrases, design aspects of the site, icons, scripts, and service names that appear on the site or elsewhere are trademarks of Vicki Garcia and protected by U.S. law. These trademarks help consumers identify Vicki Garcia as the source of the information or materials bearing the logo, slogan, or other trademarked design. They may not be used by you in any way that is likely to cause confusion among consumers, implies a connection or endorsement, or that undermines or discredits the brand.
You are permitted to use the site for personal and non-commercial use. This means you cannot resell or make other commercial use of any of the content on this site, such as by downloading, copying, duplicating, reproducing, or otherwise removing information from the site for your (or a third party’s) commercial benefit, whether manually or by electronic means. We reserve all rights, including those not expressly granted in these Terms or elsewhere on the site.
You may not engage in tactics to gain an unpermitted benefit from the site, such as hiding logos or content to improve search rankings.
You are responsible for understanding the laws of your jurisdiction as they pertain to using a website like this one, and agree to be bound by the requirements of those laws.
The limited license you are granted to use this site is terminated if you violate any of these Terms.
CONTENT PROVIDED BY YOU
Occasionally we may make comment features available to site visitors. You agree not to post anything illegal, vulgar, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or infringing, or to make use of comment features to promote spam, commercial solicitation, or software viruses. We reserve the right to delete any comment regardless of its contents and to block you from our site at our sole discretion.
We also make a contact form available for your use.
Whether you provide content to use through a comment feature or contact form, you give us a non-exclusive, royalty-free right to use, reproduce, publish, adapt, display, and distribute any such content throughout the world in any form. This includes the right to include the name under which you submitted the content. Please be aware of this before sending personal information or information with commercial value, whether by or about you or any third person or entity.
We take no responsibility or assume liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
We take copyright issues seriously. If you feel we have infringed upon your copyrights, please contact us at [email protected] We will promptly investigate the matter.
OTHER PARTIES’ INFORMATION
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
THE INFORMATION AND CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, SERVICES, OR PRODUCTS AVAILABLE HERE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY PART OF IT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR OTHER SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE SITE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF INFORMATION, CONTENT, OR OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, TO THE EXTENT YOUR STATE LAW ALLOWS FOR SUCH DISCLAIMERS.
By using the site, you agree that any dispute related to these terms or with Vicki Garcia will be governed by the laws of the state of Washington, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, and you agree to submit to personal jurisdiction of Washington.
AMENDMENTS AND OTHER MATTERS
We may make changes to the site, our offerings or information, and these terms at any time and without prior notice.
If any of these terms are deemed invalid for any reason, that term shall be severable and the remaining terms shall be given their maximum effect.
By using this site, you certify that you are over the age of eighteen.
If you make a purchase on this website, you are subject to this agreement and others, including our no refunds policies, if any.
Updated August 2021
- By email: [email protected]